April 2007 marked the launching of Outrage Magazine, the only Webzine made for, and by members of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community in the Philippines.
The LGBTzine remains loyal to the reasons of its existence (i.e. to be a relevant source of info on everything LGBT-related in the Philippines), and we are proud to say that year-on-year since we were established, Outrage Magazine’s scope has broadened. Aside from the coverage we provide, we actually have programs effecting changes to better the plight of LGBT Filipinos.
No surprise that our reach continues to grow, too, with our Website alone now getting well over 5.5 MILLION hits per month on average (with approximately 100,000 of them unique hits), while our Facebook page (not counting our other online presence) getting over hundreds of thousands of unique visits per week.
Yes, there is a need for information; and yes, we’re more than willing to provide.
THERE ARE TWO WAYS YOU CAN HELP US HELP THE LGBT COMMUNITY.
On the one hand, WE OFFER AD SPACES.
And just in time, too, as pink lifestyle long invading mainstream living – think Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, or IKEA, or gay speak, or disco, or brunch, or My Husband’s Lover, or… you get the point.
This makes the LGBT market, and those it affects, a goldmine for advertisers.
- 81% of LGBTs are more likely to use the Internet to obtain information about goods and services (Witeck-Combs)
- 72% to 94% of LGBTs prefer to buy brands that market directly to them (Harris/Witeck-Combs &Greenfield Online)
- 89% of LGBTs are brand-affiliated, this means that it is “most likely or highly likely to actively seek out brands that had advertised in gay media” (Simmons)
- LGBTs spend an average of 30 minutes per day, 12 times per month online (Nielsen NetRatings)
- LGBTs are twice as likely to be in management positions, twice as likely to have purchased online using a credit card, 79% are willing to pay a premium of quality products and services, 94% of gays and lesbians go out of their way to purchase products and services marketed directly to them in gay media, and 79% of LGBTs are highly likely to indulge themselves (@Plan, Simmons, Greenfield Online & Witeck-Combs)
It is time to target this market, we say.
So use us.
Abuse us, even.
This is the only time we will gladly let you.
On the other hand, HELP US HELP OTHERS. DONATE.
Because with your help, we can make a change.