Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

Lifestyle & Culture

Thinking about moving to the US? You need to know these things first

Here, we look at the things that you should think about when considering a move to the United States.

The ability to live a fluid international existence has never been more accessible. However, this does not imply that you should not be prepared. Here, we look at the things that you should think about when considering a move to the United States.

Photo by Garrison Gao from

Moving to the United States of America without a job is possible, but it is not simple

If you want to relocate to the United States, you will require a visa. Permanent visas are given for a variety of reasons, including relatives, business, education, and work. The requirement for being accompanied by someone who has a job is that you do not have one. You can also look at a marriage visa USA.

You should have your firm sponsor your application if you are moving to the United States with them.

If a job advertisement requests payment in advance for visas, training materials, administration fees, mentoring, or anything else, it is most certainly a scam, according to the Federal Trade Commission.

Photo by Darren Patterson from

You might not necessarily need a Green Card

If you are planning to work in the United States once you arrive, you will need either an employment-related visa, a work permit, or a Green Card. An employer-sponsored visa allows you to work for a single employer only, whereas a Green Card allows you to remain in the country permanently.

If you decide to pursue a Green Card, you will need a US citizen to act as a sponsor for your application. Depending on the type of immigration, the entire process can take months or even years to complete.

If your company is submitting your application on your behalf, they will need to make a strong case for you. They will want to see evidence that you have skills that are in low supply in the United States.   A limited number of Green Cards are awarded each year, and the competition is fierce.

Paperwork will be the bane of your life

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Consult with your employer and an immigration attorney, but it is likely that you will need to bring the following items from your native country to the United States of America. Depending on whether or not they are in English, you may also need to have these documents translated and apostilled. Also, make sure to bring all of your critical paperwork with you in your carry-on baggage. The following is a list of documents you may require:

  • Bring your passport, with at least six months of eligibility remaining) and, if applicable, your ID card.
  • Documents pertaining to visas
  • Contract of employment 
  • Marriage or divorce certificate, as well as any papers pertaining to your dependents (children’s birth certificates, etc.), if applicable.
  • Certificates of completion of academic studies
  • Medical insurance policies 
  • Bank statements and business documents 
  • Driving permits
  • Certificates and histories of medical conditions, as well as immunization records
  • As appropriate, religious certificates, such as baptism records

Making sure you have everything in place and the right professional advice is crucial before attempting a move to the United States.


Like Us On Facebook



Botswana's Court of Appeals upheld that criminalizing same-sex relations is discriminatory.


Spain extended the availability of free in-vitro fertilization (IVF) to lesbians, transgender and non-binary people who do not identify as either male or female.


Thailand's Constitutional Court ruled that the current law of the land that only recognizes heterosexual relationships is constitutional, even as it added that the...

Lifestyle & Culture

So what happens if you need to gift your loved one, but your finances don’t allow it? That’s where bad credit loans come in....