Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
If we had a dime for every time someone had said this we would all be millionaires by now. However there is a good reason why people say this all the time and this is because it is true.
In the morning, our body needs a healthy meal to get started for the day and give us the energy to function for the first half of the day. It is so important when changing your lifestyle for the better to start eating breakfast properly and to make healthy choices for this important meal.
Today we want to take a look at some of the breakfasts you can eat every day to give you more energy and allow you to start the day on the right foot.
Summer berry smoothie
One for the easiest breakfast ideas for people that are on the go or busy has to be a smoothie. If you have decided to try a juice cleanse for January or you simply want to reduce your daily calories – a smoothie is a perfect breakfast that will give your body plenty or nutrients without being too filling.
- 1 cup Frozen summer berries
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup yogurt
- ¼ cup banana
- ½ cup spinach
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 250ml cranberry juice
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Taste and adjust berries and juice to your liking.
For those of us who can’t be bothered making breakfast in the morning it is all too easy to instead skip this meal entirely and wait for lunch. However, we all need a good breakfast to function in the morning which is why this is the ideal choice for the lazy breakfast eater. Make this the night before and simply take it out in the morning and eat.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 handful berries (strawberries, blueberries)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp yogurt
- ½ banana
- Nuts, seeds, and berries for serving
- Add the oats and chia seeds into a small jar and mix. Add the milk and stir until completely combined.
- Squeeze honey on top, add yogurt, and fruit.
- Seal and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Serve in the morning with some extra toppings of your choice or keep it plain and simple.
Before a day of working, what you need is a good source of protein that will fuel you for the morning. If you enjoy working out as soon as you wake up, this recipe is also great as a post workout breakfast.
- 2 tbsp protein powder (chocolate or vanilla)
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tbsp milk or milk alternative
- 2 eggs
- To serve: yogurt, honey, strawberries
- Mix the egg and milk in a jug.
- Mash your banana and mix into the jug.
- Add your flour and protein powder and form a batter. Leave to sit for 5-10 minutes while you preheat a pan.
- Spoon a small amount of batter into a hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt, honey, and some strawberries.